[For Immediate Release] Motorcycle Bloggers International (MBI) 2007 Awards For The Motorcycle Industry
Nominated by the public, voted upon by the public, moderated and organized by MBI!
The Internet, March 15th, 2007 — Motorcycle Bloggers International (MBI), announced the winners of the 2007 Riders Choice Awards. The awards, voted by thousands of riders in 88 countries, recognize significant achievements and serious lapses in judgment during 2006 by motorcycle and related product manufacturers, persons and organizations. This years winners are:
MBI Riders Choice – Star Awards
- A riderâ€™s dream — To ride the Silk Route, from Istanbul Turkey to Xian, China
- Best concept motorcycle or scooter — Ducati Desmosidici RR
- Best exhibition of 2006 — Intermot
- Best looking new in 2006 motorcycle — Triumph Daytona 675
- Best manufacturerâ€™s website — BMW Motorrad
- Best motorcycle or scooter blog — Scooter in the Sticks
- Best new in 2006 every day motorcycle — BMW F800S
- Best new in 2006 motor scooter — Piaggio MP3
- Best new in 2006 motorcycle — BMW F800ST
- Object of lust — Ducati Desmosedici RR
- Wish we’d thought of that — Piaggio MP3
- Women riders booster of the year — Ardys Kellerman
- Standing ovation — Ardys Kellerman
MBI Riders Choice – Fallen Star Awards
- Thumbs down — Billy Lane
- What were they thinking — Speed TV Superbikes
- Worst manufacturerâ€™s website — Icon Motorcycle Gear
The Riders Choice Awards are unique in that the nominees and winners are chosen by every day riders around the world. The awards reflect the judgment of the motorcycle buying public, not motorcycle industry insiders. Anyone could vote, there was no restriction on age, gender or country. Even non-riders could vote. No registration, nor email addresses were required. However, a system of storing and analyzing IP addresses was put in place to minimize duplicate voting.
After the success the first Awards had last year, membership in MBI skyrocketed from 12 to 96. Millions of readers worldwide read about the 2006 Awards.
MBI (whose motto is “Riding and writing is what we do”) is a group of 96 international motorcycle weblog authors from China to Chile. Membership is open to any motorcycle rider who maintains an active motorcycle-related Internet weblog or news web site with original commentary. With a combined readership over 2 million readers per month, the awards represent a true feeling what lives amongst the biker communities. The awards are not given by professional journalists, commercial publications or companies, but by the public.
More information about MBI, its members and the complete list of nominees will be found at the MBI web site http://www.mbiweb.org/ .
MBI Website: Http://www.mbiweb.org/
MBI Awards 2007: http://www.mbiweb.org/2007/
Interview Contact: Mike Werner
Technorati Tags: motorcycle